What does the traineeship entail?
As Trainee Technical Consultant at Softline Solutions you will get a solid learning program of 7 months, where you will be exposed to the different aspects of IT Asset Management. There is enough room to follow the relevant training courses in the field of infrastructures and the backgrounds of ITAM and ITAM tooling, and of course time is planned in addition for gaining hands-on experience. You will be supported by all colleagues in your first steps towards the role of Junior Technical Consultant.
In the first year, you will work mainly from our Nieuwegein or London office, but where possible you will also accompany your experienced colleagues to customers in the Netherlands or United Kingdom (based on your primary location) and sometimes abroad. In doing so, we aim to explore with you your main areas of interest and talents in the broad field of the technical aspects of IT Asset Management, so that you can ultimately do justice to them and grow into a junior consultant, and then continually develop into a specialist or professional in the field of IT Asset Management.
If you have graduated from university with a bachelor’s or master’s degree or if you have 1 to 2 years' work experience and want to start in the world of Software Asset Management, this is your perfect opportunity!
After a successful traineeship you will be offered a contract for an indefinite period of time and you will receive the title of Junior Technical Consultant.
This position is an ideal way to develop yourself as a solid consultant. You will become familiar with all aspects of compliance, strategy, technology, software licensing, process optimisation and control, and will be able to take on your role as advisor to national and international organisations in the field of IT Asset Management. A discipline that, with all the new rules and developments, is constantly changing and attracting more and more attention!
The role as Technical Consultant
As technical consultant you support the (inter)national customers of Softline Solutions Northern Europe in their technical ITAM processes. You do this both on a strategic/technical level, by thinking along about the best way to implement SAM/ITAM tooling in complex infrastructures, as well as in the daily advice and practical support in the field of technical solutions to support an ITAM policy.
In doing so, you are aware of all conceivable aspects that play a role, from security to stakeholder management, from the necessary preconditions to collect the right data with the help of tooling to the practical thinking about and participation in customised scripts and connectors. You are supported by your fellow technical consultants, the business consultants and the project and service managers who provide you with the necessary additional knowledge and information to do your job optimally. You are part of a strong team that assists the client in achieving its strategic ITAM goals.
The tasks as Technical Consultant
Advising and supporting customers in implementing, managing and administering their IT Asset Management tooling (among others FlexNet Manager and ServiceNow SAM Pro).
- Preparing the technical design
- Presenting the technical design to the customer's stakeholders
- Integrating the technology into the customer's infrastructure, including developing custom scripts and links to external data sources
- Acting as lead consultant in larger ITAM implementation projects where you take responsibility for the technical project part
- Support in pre-sales projects as an expert in the field of tooling
- Keeping the necessary certifications and knowledge in the field of ITAM tooling up to date
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an ICT aspect
- Interest in complex infrastructures
- Interest in and preferably a basic knowledge of scripting/programming
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing
Why would you want to work at Softline Solutions?
- First of all, Softline Solutions is certified as a "Great Place to Work"!
- Possibility to work at home, also post-corona
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Flexible working hours
- Informal working environment, both within the department and the organisation
- International work area
- Competitive salary and good pension scheme
Does this sound good to you? Then react to this vacancy by sending an e-mail and we will contact you as soon as possible.
A screening is part of the application procedure.
Patrick Mesman - HR Manager
Phone: +31 30 55 00 300
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.