Software & IT Asset Management goes beyond the implementation of an SAM tool. It is of crucial importance to integrate the elements of organisation, process and technology so that an organisation can grow in the maturity of SAM / ITAM. Softline Solutions has many years of experience, acquired during the implementation and set up of SAM / ITAM in complex international settings, which is translated into best practices. This step-by-step approach is visualised as a house that is built from the ground up and requires solid foundations. A short-term plan, supplemented with a long-term strategy, helps organisations to gain control over and insight into software assets.
House of ITAM® - which level suits you?
Whether you want to have complete insight into the software license compliance position of your top 4 software suppliers, or you would like to sketch a path for growth towards total integration of Software & IT Asset Management into your business activities, Softline Solutions would like to provide you with independent and expert assistance. The "House of ITAM®" is based on the ISO/IEC 19770-1:2017 standard for ITAM and visualised as a house that is built from the ground up. The SAM / ITAM maturity is divided into 3 "tiers":
Which tiers are there?
- 1: TRUSTWORTHY DATA - Knowing what you have so you can manage it
- 2: LIFE CYCLE INTEGRATION - Achieving greater efficiency & cost-effectiveness in the IT asset life cycle
- 3: OPTIMISATION - Achieving greater efficiency & cost-effectiveness through functional focus
From planning to implementation
The path for growth is sketched according to the desired level of Software & IT Asset Managementmaturity in an organisation. The integration of organisation, process and technology are of key importance here.
- Planning: the assessment of the current organisation, processes and technology and the involvement of all stakeholders in the SAM / ITAM project
- Set-up: implementation of the SAM tool at the technical and functional levels, and set-up or redesign of the processes and underlying organisation
- Implementation: the operational implementation of your license management department. This can be done by your own employees, but can also be partially or completely outsourced.